What is TaskForest?
Taskforest is a simple but expressive open-source job scheduler that allows you to chain jobs/tasks and create time dependencies. It uses text config files to specify task dependencies.
With the TaskForest Job Scheduler you can:
- schedule jobs to run at predetermined times,
- have jobs be dependent on each other
- rerun failed jobs
- mark jobs as succeeded or failed
- put jobs on hold, and release them
- release all dependencies on a job
- automatically rerun jobs that fail
- receive custom emails when jobs fail, are retried, or succeed
- check the status of all jobs scheduled to run today
- interact with the included web service using your own client code
- interact with the included web server using your default browser
- express the relationships between jobs using a simple text-based format (a big advantage if you like using 'grep')
- browse job log files using the included web server
SourceForge.net has a blog in which they feature a different hosted project every day. Today's blog entry features TaskForest. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank SourceForge for their support of open source software.
Previous News Item :: All News Items